Produced as an experiment in and a platform for an assignment in INF213 Information Architecture for the web at Charles Sturt University.
Tasked with publishing description and evaluation of three information architecture tools in a well architected site, I felt the only logical container for such content (other than an IA or UX journal) would be a practitioner’s blog.
The rest follows logically:
- WordPress is touted as useful for content management so I could test it for the purpose while building my submission.
- A blog needs personality and purpose and although I plan to continue sharing my experiments with other tools, I cannot imagine only writing about tools
- … so for me, it fits at the intersection of my personality (curiosity), my desire to share what I learn (or opine); and my love of finding answers (although content on this latter, akin to Brian Herzog as Swiss Army Librarian’s Reference Questions, is yet to come).
Labelled variously: Mica, Michaelina, moonflowerdragon, Mum, dag; I:
- love finding the information people need;
- enjoy triggering the light of understanding in peoples’ eyes;
- talk to the screen;
- study librarianship, and
- work in a university library in Victoria, Australia.
Thank you for visiting,
if you didn’t find what you expect, please tell me.